The International Institute for Counter-Terrorism (ICT) and the Lauder School of Government, Diplomacy and Strategy at the Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya (IDC), are pleased to announce the annual scholarships promoting research in counter-terrorism and homeland security.
The scholarships will be given in memory of Architect, Major Eyal Ragonis z"l, for his military and civilian accomplishments. The scholarships' aim is to promote research in counter-terrorism and homeland security by IDC Herzliya students as well as IDF soldiers and officers.
- Students currently attending IDC Herzliya (BA and MA students)
- Fellows and interns at the International Institute for Counter-Terrorism (ICT)
- Soldiers and officers currently serving in the IDF (including the National Security College)
April 10, 2016.
Research proposals should be sent to Ms. Lorena Atiyas Lvovsky, at: [email protected]
*Research proposals submitted after this date will not be examined by the judging committee. In addition, it is the candidate's responsibility to verify the admission of the documents - candidates need to make sure they receive a confirmation of their submission.
1. The candidate’s personal details: full name, address, telephone number, email address, a curriculum vitae and a list of previous publications (if existing).
2. A research proposal of no longer than three pages, encompassing the following: The importance of the topic to academic research in terrorism and counter-terrorism, the research question(s), a literature review and methodology.
*Do not submit full researches, only proposals.
*Research proposals and final researches should only be unclassified.
*Research proposals can be written in English or Hebrew.
A professional committee will select the outstanding research proposals and studies to be awarded the scholarships. The committee will include representatives from the IDC Herzliya academic staff. The selection will be according to the following criteria:
- Quality of work
- Contribution and applicability to the counter-terrorism and homeland security research field
- Originality and innovativeness
First stage: Four research proposals that present a significant and notable contribution to the study of counter-terrorism and homeland security will be selected. The authors of each of these proposals will receive an initial scholarship of 2,500 NIS. The scholarships will be given to research completed within one year. The scholarships will be awarded at the annual memorial service for Eyal Ragonis z"l in summer 2016. Please note that the event will be held in Hebrew.
Second stage: After completion, the selected research will be graded according to the above criteria and will be awarded the remainder of the scholarship accordingly. The principal findings of the studies will be presented the following year, at the annual memorial service for Eyal Ragonis z"l, in summer 2017. The scholarships granted for research in the second phase will be as follows:
- First Prize: 7,000 NIS
- Second Prize: 4,000 NIS
- Two remaining research projects: 2,000 NIS (each)
The winning research will be posted on the ICT Working Paper Series (ICTWPS) on the ICT Website www.ict.org.il